We understand that disputes can sometimes arise during online transactions. At PayScrow, we've designed a clear and straightforward process to address and resolve these issues, ensuring fairness for all parties involved.
If a dispute remains unresolved after Level 1, either party involved may choose to escalate the dispute to Level 2. Contact our support team to initiate the arbitration process. (More information can be found in the 'dispute area' of your dashboard.)
Our aim is to ensure that our dispute resolution process offers a straightforward and transparent approach to address any complexities that may arise during transactions on our platform. Trust in PayScrow is our top priority, and we are here to facilitate resolutions that uphold the principles of fairness and transparency.
The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we're starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It's important to EWOSSY SERVICES LTD to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, EWOSSY SERVICES LTD follows different principles in accordance with world-wide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you create a Registration ID here on payscrow.net or when you download free software, enter a contest, order e-mail newsletters or join a limited-access premium site. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of payscrow.net, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding EWOSSY SERVICES LTD products, programs, events, or services by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from EWOSSY SERVICES LTD.
EWOSSY SERVICES LTD occasionally allows other companies to offer our registered customers information about their products and services, using postal mail only. If you do not want to receive these offers, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing materials from third parties.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time from your user profile page. There, you can:
EWOSSY SERVICES LTD has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. When you place orders or access your personal account information, you're utilizing a secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
EWOSSY SERVICES LTD strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdown or any other country where EWOSSY SERVICES LTD, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
Parents or guardians: we want to help you guard your children's privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
The EWOSSY SERVICES LTD site does not publish content that is targeted to children.
As mentioned above, every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, we create your profile, assign a personal identification number, then send this personal identification number back to your hard drive in the form of a cookie, which is a very small bit of code. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across payscrow.net, allowing you to download free software, order free newsletters, and visit premium sites without having to fill out registration forms with information you've already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won't have to re-register – just use your Registration ID to identify yourself.
When you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to send you updates about your order, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer. When you order from us, we ask for your credit card number and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the product(s) you order at that time. We do not save your billing information in case you want to order from us again, we also do not re-use this information without your permission.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
EWOSSY SERVICES LTD will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on EWOSSY SERVICES LTD or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of EWOSSY SERVICES LTD and its family of Web sites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of EWOSSY SERVICES LTD, its Web sites, or the public.
2. Description of the Service - The Services are Internet-based transaction management and escrow services performed through PayScrow, which Services are intended to facilitate the completion of the underlying transaction under the terms of this Agreement, the Site and the applicable Transaction Escrow Instructions.
3. Limits on the Services - The Services are only available for lawful items and items not otherwise excluded by Section 4 below. Limitations on the Services may apply and can be found on the Site or in the General Instructions or Transaction Escrow Instructions. Only registered Users may use the Services. In order to register, you must supply all information required on the Site. Applicable state or federal laws and regulations may further limit the Services.
4. Prohibited Transactions - Users shall not utilize the Site or the Services in connection with any Transaction that is illegal or involves any illegal items, or is for any illegal purpose; involves any obscene material; involves any munitions or firearm; involves pirated software, DVD or videos or item(s) otherwise infringing copyrighted works; involves illegal drugs or controlled substances; involves real property or any interest in real property, the sale of a business (bulk sale), the transfer of title to a business entity, fund or joint control escrows, mobile homes or manufactured homes or the refinancing of either, reservation deposits of any kind, or promissory notes, mortgages or deeds of trust; or involves transactions directly or indirectly involving transactions which Nigerians are prohibited from engaging pursuant to sanctions and export controls administered by the Nigerian Customs Service’s ; or involves transactions directly involving persons (individuals or entities), as Users, who lack capacity to and/or are prohibited from entering contractual relations, such as minors or persons of unsound mind. In addition, PayScrow, in its sole discretion, may refuse to complete any Transaction that PayScrow has reason to believe is unauthorized or made by someone other than you, may violate any law, rule or regulation, or if PayScrow has reasonable cause not to honor it. Each User agrees to indemnify and hold PayScrow harmless for losses resulting from any use or attempted use of the Services in violation of this Agreement.
5. Rejection of Payment - Since the use of a bank account, credit card or debit card account, or the making of an electronic funds transfer may be limited by your agreement with your financial institution and/or by applicable law, PayScrow is not liable to any User if PayScrow does not complete a Transaction as a result of any such limit, or if a financial institution fails to honor any credit or debit to or from an Account. PayScrow may post rules related to payment on the Site and change such rules from time to time.
6. General Conditions of Use - If you arrive at the Site through entities linked and/or integrated with PayScrow or otherwise by or through a third party (e.g., an auction, exchange, or Internet-based intermediary that hosts electronic marketplaces and mediates transactions among businesses), then you authorize such third party to transfer relevant data to PayScrow to facilitate the Transaction. You represent and warrant that all information you provide to PayScrow or to such third party will be true, accurate and complete. The party entering into this Agreement on behalf of any User represents and warrants that he/she is authorized to do so and to bind the User and is a natural person of at least eighteen (18) years of age. In order to initiate and commence a Transaction, all Users to a Transaction must register at the Site, agree to all terms in the General Instructions and agree to the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
7. Obligations of Sellers - On the Transaction Details page, each Seller to a Transaction must designate an Account to which payment for the Transaction will be made. Each Seller authorizes PayScrow to initiate credit entries to such Seller's Account for payment of the purchase price, or applicable balance due, and to debit Seller's Account to discharge Seller's obligations. Each Seller in a Transaction shall deliver the items set forth in Transaction Details page directly to the Buyer (or Buyers), at the address specified by such Buyer as shown on the PayScrow website and on the terms and conditions set forth in the Transaction Escrow Instructions and General Instructions. Upon the shipment of the items, Seller shall send PayScrow a notice of shipment. Upon delivery of the items set forth on the Transaction Details page Seller shall notify PayScrow if the delivery of the items (‘Notice of delivery’) and shall also provide PayScrow with the Transaction Completion Code which the Seller shall obtain from the Buyer. In the event PayScrow does not receive the notice of delivery and/or the Transaction Completion Code from Seller within ten (10) calendar days of the purchase (where no shipping is required) or notification from PayScrow's notice to Seller to ship the items, Seller authorizes PayScrow to return the escrowed funds (excluding PayScrow fees) to Buyer except as otherwise agreed between the Parties or based on the Seller’s return policy as the case may be. In the event Seller accepts the returned items within the inspection period or fails to act within the inspection period, PayScrow shall remit the escrowed funds (excluding PayScrow fees) to Buyer. If Seller notifies PayScrow of its non-acceptance of any returned items within the Seller's inspection period, then PayScrow will retain the escrow funds pending resolution of the dispute or take other action as authorized. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary above, if all Users to a Transaction agree on the Transaction Details page that there is no shipping required, then no party hereto will have any obligation under this Agreement with respect to shipping.
8. Obligations of Buyers - On the Transaction Details page, Buyer must designate a payment mechanism and an Account from which the purchase price and related fees (unless such fees are to be paid by Seller) will be obtained for the deposit into escrow. Depending on the amount of the Transaction and the currency selected for the Transaction, Buyer may remit the necessary funds via various methods, which may include corporate credit card, charge card, debit card or purchasing card, cheque, cashier's cheque, or wire transfer. In the case of wire transfers, Buyer will initiate the wire to an account designated by PayScrow on or before the date set forth in the Transaction Details page. Regardless of the payment method, Buyer authorizes PayScrow and PayScrow authorized agents to initiate credit or debit transactions, as applicable, to obtain the purchase price and fees due for a Transaction and to initiate any debit or credit entries or reversals, as the case may be, as may be necessary to correct any error in a payment or transfer and to discharge Buyer's obligations under this Agreement. PayScrow will deposit funds received from Buyer into an escrow trust account maintained by PayScrow (the "Escrow Account"). Unless otherwise requested as specified in the following sentence, escrowed deposits do not earn interest for Buyer or Seller. If you anticipate an extended closing of the Transaction, then you may request and approve an instruction to have PayScrow place Buyer's funds into an interest bearing account for the benefit of Buyer or Seller. If interest is to accrue to the benefit of the Seller, then both Buyer and Seller must request and approve the establishment of the interest bearing account. If this request is made, then PayScrow will charge the account of the party to whom the interest accrues an additional nonrefundable service charge equivalent to 2% + ₦100 of the transaction value , which must be paid in advance. Upon receipt and acceptance of the items, Buyer shall deliver the Transaction Completion Code to the Seller. Upon rejection of the items, Buyer must notify PayScrow of its rejection of the items. Upon receipt of the Transaction Completion Code indicating that the items have been received and accepted, PayScrow shall transfer the payment amount (less any amount payable to PayScrow for PayScrow fees) to Seller's Account. Subject to PayScrow’s Settlement Policy transfer to a Seller generally will be initiated within the next business day from the day on which notice of acceptance of the items is received from the Buyer. If Buyer has not notified PayScrow of the non-receipt or rejection of the items during the Buyer's Inspection Period, then Buyer authorizes PayScrow to remit the escrowed funds (excluding PayScrow fees) to the Seller. Buyer shall follow the procedures set forth on the Site in the event the items are rejected.
9. Our Responsibilities - PayScrow is obligated to perform only those duties expressly described in this Agreement and the General Instructions. PayScrow shall not be liable for any error in judgment, for any act taken or not taken, or for any mistake of fact or law, except for gross negligence or willful misconduct (subject to the limitations in Section 17 below). PayScrow may rely upon any notice, demand, request, letter, certificate, agreement or any other document which purports to have been transmitted or signed by or on behalf of a User indicated as the sender or signatory thereof and shall have no duty to make any inquiry or investigation. In the event that PayScrow is uncertain as to PayScrow duties or rights under this Agreement, receives any instruction, demand or notice from any User or financial institution which, in PayScrow's opinion, is in conflict with any of the provisions of this Agreement, or any dispute arises with respect to this Agreement or the Escrowed Funds, PayScrow may (i) consult with counsel of our choice (including our own attorneys) and any actions taken or not taken based upon advice of counsel shall be deemed consented to by you, or (ii) refrain from taking any action other than to retain the funds in escrow for delivery in accordance with the written agreement of the Users, the final decision or award of an arbitrator pursuant to an arbitration commenced and conducted in accordance with the General Instructions or a final, non-appealable judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction, or (iii) discharge our duties under this Agreement by depositing all funds by interpleader action with a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with the procedures outlined in the General Instructions. PayScrow may, at any time, give notice of PayScrow's intent to resign as Escrow Agent. If, within ten (10) days of such notice, PayScrow has not received notice from all Users in a Transaction that they have designated a substitute escrow agent (which notice shall identify the substitute escrow agent), PayScrow may discharge PayScrow duties under this Agreement by depositing all escrowed funds with a court of competent jurisdiction. If an alternate Escrow Agent is so designated, PayScrow shall be discharged from PayScrow duties under this Agreement, the General Instructions and the Transaction Escrow Instructions by delivering all escrowed funds to such person or entity. Upon payment of the escrow funds pursuant to this Agreement, PayScrow shall be fully released from any and all liability and obligations with respect to the escrow funds and the Transaction.
10. Canceling a Transaction - If a Transaction cannot be completed for any reason, including cancellation by PayScrow for any reason, PayScrow will notify each User in such Transaction by e-mail, to the e-mail address each has provided to PayScrow. In PayScrow's sole discretion, PayScrow may cancel any Transaction if any User in a Transaction fails to agree on the terms as required in the Transaction Details page by clicking the "I Agree" button as requested on the Site. You may cancel a Transaction as provided in this Agreement, on the General Instructions or in the Transaction Escrow Instructions.
11. Questions about the Services - You may inquire about payments made through the Service by calling the number that appears on the Site or by filling out the customer service form. If you believe an error has been made or there has been any unauthorized use of your Account or the Services, you agree to call or send an e-mail as soon as possible, but no later than forty-eight hours after you became aware of an error. When you contact PayScrow, please be prepared to provide your name, PayScrow reference number and your email address which you have registered on the PayScrow site.
12. Statements & Verification - You agree that all disclosures and communications regarding this Agreement and the Service shall be made by e-mail or on the Site, unless the parties make other arrangements as set forth in the General Instructions.
13. Digital Identification - You understand and agree that PayScrow will create, issue, and verify a digital identification (a "Digital ID") for each User. This Digital ID is attached to each accepted electronic document and notification e-mails. You agree that your Digital ID is a valid "Electronic Signature." Please review the General Instructions for more information about PayScrow's use of the Digital ID.
14. Fees - Unless otherwise agreed upon by each User in the Transaction, Buyer agrees to pay the fees for the Services that are disclosed on the Site at the time the completed Transaction Escrow Instructions are agreed to by all such Users, as well as any other fees. Once paid, PayScrow fees are nonrefundable. PayScrow fees may change from time to time in PayScrow's absolute and sole discretion. PayScrow is not responsible for payment of any sales, use, personal property or other governmental tax or levy imposed on any items purchased or sold through the Services or otherwise arising from the Transaction.
15. Security - PayScrow uses a security protocol that provides data encryption, server authentication, and message integrity for connections to the Internet to ensure that the data you provide PayScrow is not transmitted over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorized individuals. PayScrow has also implemented a security system requiring a user ID and a password to access your transactions on the Site. You agree not to give your password to any other person or entity and to protect it from being used or discovered by anyone else. You also agree not to give your payment or card details to anyone else regardless of whether they are PayScrow users or not. Should your payment be details be saved on another person’s account, PayScrow holds no liability for the initiation of credit or debit transactions, as applicable, obtainment of the purchase price and fees due for a Transaction and initiation of any debit or credit entries or reversals, as the case may be charged to your card(s) or on the basis of your payment/account details.
16. Disclaimers - You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on a strictly "as is" and "as available" basis. PayScrow MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO THE UNDERLYING TRANSACTION, ANY ITEMS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE. PayScrow expressly disclaims any and all express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. PayScrow shall not be liable or responsible for those guarantees, warranties and representations, if any, offered by any Seller of items. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from PayScrow or through the Services shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. You acknowledge and agree that PayScrow does not endorse the website of any third party, or assume responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any material contained therein, or any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom, or any fraud or other crime facilitated thereby. In no event will PayScrow be liable for any act or omission of any third party, including, but not limited to, your financial institution, any payment system, any third party service provider, any provider of telecommunications services, Internet access or computer equipment or software, any mail or delivery service or any payment or clearing house system or for any circumstances beyond PayScrow's control (including but not limited to, fire, flood or other natural disaster, war, riot, strike, terrorism, act of civil or military authority, equipment failure, computer virus, infiltration or hacking by a third party, or failure or interruption of electrical, telecommunications or other utility services).
17. Limitation of Liability - TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PayScrow NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
18. Termination of Services - PayScrow may suspend or terminate your use of the Services at any time, without notice for any reason, in PayScrow's sole discretion. Except as warranted by risk to the security, privacy or integrity of the Services, PayScrow will attempt to provide you with prior notice of the suspension or termination of the Services by sending you an e-mail, but PayScrow is not obligated to do so. You shall remain liable for all Transactions you initiate through the Services prior to such termination, and the performance of your obligations, including but not limited to, the delivery of the items and the payment of all amounts you owe prior to termination or discontinuation of your use of the Services. You agree to pay all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that PayScrow may incur in order to (a) collect any amounts you owe under this Agreement, the General Instructions, or the Transaction Escrow Instructions or (b) to initiate an arbitration or judicial proceeding to resolve a dispute between Buyer and Seller, as set forth in the General Instructions.
19. Non-Transferability of the Services - You may not assign this Agreement or the Escrow Instructions to any other person or entity. Your right to use the Services shall not be sold or transferred to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of PayScrow. PayScrow may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
20. Modifications - PayScrow reserves the right to change this Agreement, or any portion of it, at any time, without prior notice, provided that no such change will apply to a Transaction once the Users to such Transaction have agreed to the Transaction Escrow Instructions. You understand that the most recent version of this Agreement will be located on the Site.
22. Indemnification - You agree to indemnify and hold PayScrow, PayScrow affiliates and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and assigns, harmless from any claim, demand, expense or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, arising from or relating to your use of the Services or any violation of this Agreement, the rules contained on the Site or the Transaction Escrow Instructions, including, without limitation, payment of PayScrow fees and any charge backs from a card organization or reversal or nonpayment of any credit or debit entry.
PayScrow may assign this Agreement to any current or future affiliated company and to any successor in interest. PayScrow also may delegate certain of PayScrow rights and responsibilities under the Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
Revised: November, 2022